At Jerry Clay Academy we believe that homework is extremely important in helping to reinforce key concepts/ knowledge taught in class and to reinforce a very strong work ethic.
Please click on our Homework guidance here:
https:// Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
We aim to:
- Ensure that parents are clear about what their child is expected to do.
- Ensure consistency of approach throughout the school.
- To use homework as a tool to help continue to raise standards of attainment.
- Improve the quality of the learning experience offered to pupils and to extend it beyond the classroom environment.
- Provide opportunities for parents, children and the school to work together in partnership in relation to children’s learning.
- Encourage pupils and their parents to share and enjoy learning experiences.
- Reinforce work covered in class by providing further opportunities for individual learning.
- To practise or consolidate basic skills and knowledge, especially in Numeracy and Literacy.
- Encourage children to develop the responsibility, confidence and self-discipline needed to study independently.
- To prepare Year 6 pupils for the transfer to secondary school.
The Nature of Homework
It should be noted that homework can be set in many different forms with many different expectations and outcomes. It is important to remember that when expecting and setting homework there are a number of points to consider:
1. The nature and type of homework changes throughout a pupils school career.
2. Amount and frequency of homework should increase as a pupil gets older but this may also vary through the school year and be appropriate to the ability of the child.
3. Homework should not cause undue stress on the pupil, family or the teacher.
4. It will not necessarily come in the form of a written task.
5. Homework should be set regularly from the Foundation Stage to Year 6.
Diamond Dash – Timestables
We believe that repetition of timestables is crucial. We have created a fantastic motivational system in school called ‘Diamond Dash’. Children work their way through the awards in their time at Jerry Clay Academy. Please find below all of our award papers for your child to go over at home. Of course we always reinforce going on Timestable Rockstars as constant fun repetition too and will regularly set competitions for this.
Diamond Dash Timestables – Quartz Star
Diamond Dash Timestables – Quartz
Diamond Dash Timestables – Silver
Diamond Dash Timestables – Bronze
Diamond Dash Timestables – Emerald
Diamond Dash Timestables – Pearl
Diamond Dash Timestables – Ruby
Diamond Dash Timestables – Sapphire