What makes the curriculum unique at Jerry Clay Academy?
The children are at the heart of our curriculum.
We believe that every child should have the opportunity to have a quality knowledge-rich curriculum which builds on their self-esteem and self-confidence throughout their primary years.
We encourage our children to have high aspirations and strive to be the best they can be in every subject. We want our children to be responsible, confident and knowledgeable by the time they finish their journey at Jerry Clay Academy and move onto the next phase of their lives.
Over the last three years we have been developing the curriculum that we provide for our children. Our main aim is to provide exciting, stimulating connected learning which the children become fully absorbed in using a themed approach.
The Curriculum Aims of the School
Jerry Clay Academy aims to provide a balanced curriculum based on the following principles.
- To help pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- To help pupils to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast changing world.
- To help pupils to use language and number efficiently.
- To instil respect for religious values, equality and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To help pupils to understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- To help pupils to appreciate human achievements and aspirations.