Parent E-Safety Information
Here are our top tips for helping to keep your children safe using the Internet:
- Help your child to understand that they should never give out personal information to online friends they do not know offline.
- Explain to your children what information about them is personal: i.e. email address, mobile number, school name, sports clubs, arrangements with friends, pictures or videos of themselves , their family or friends.
- Make your children aware that they need to think carefully about the pictures they post on their profiles. Inform them that once published online, anyone can share these images.
- Remind your child never to respond to spam or junk mail or texts.
- Help your child to understand that some people lie online and that therefore it’s better to keep online mates online. They should never meet up with any strangers without an adult that they trust.
- Always keep communication open for a child to know that it is never too late to tell someone if something makes them feel uncomfortable.
Should you have concerns around any aspect of online safety, including sexting, online abuse or grooming or you are concerned about someone that you are talking to online you can access support from;
E Safety information about devices, apps and parental controls.