SHOWCASE EVENTS FOR 2019-20
We are able to offer cover & travel costs for these events.
Best practice in the teaching of early reading and language showcases
We are delighted to announce that we will be running a series of free showcases to demonstrate elements of best practice in the teaching of early literacy. These half day workshops will provide all participants with the opportunity to share best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics whilst promoting a love of reading.
– Introductory presentation by the Headteacher explaining key leadership decisions that have enabled reading success in the school
– Presentation from the English Hub team
– A learning walk to see best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics, evidence of how the academy embeds a love of reading & the development of early language acquisition.
– Guest specialist speaker covering Phonics or early language acquisition
– Practical activities and ideas to take away (action planning)
– How to choose and use resources effectively in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics
– Follow up email/ telephone conversations/materials for further support after the show case (potential to access funding for resources/ training)
Who should attend?
Heads and Senior Leaders to accompany Reception/ KS1 Teachers with an interest to improving the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics, practising phonics through decodable books and implementing the teaching of phonics into reading sessions (up to 2 participants per school). Cover costs will be paid to your school to attend.
When and where will the showcases take place?
Our showcases during 2019-20 will take place at Jerry Clay Academy, Wakefield, Roundhay School, Leeds & Goldthorpe Primary, Barnsley from 9.00am until 12pm.
Requirement: Maximum of 2 bookings per school and each delegate must complete the booking form individually.
© Copyright Jerry Clay Academy