We currently have a vacancy for an Administrative Assistant. Please see attached advert, job description and application form.
(please indicate if temporary)
|Administrative Officer – 14 hrs/week permanent plus 9.5 hrs/week fixed term|
(Including full postal address)
|Jerry Clay Academy, Jerry Clay Lane, Wrenthorpe, WF2 0NP|
|Salary||Full time equivalent £17,681 – £18,672
Actual salary £9,368-£9,894 pro-rata term time only
|Hours||23.5 hrs per week, term time only, excluding inset days:
– Tuesday & Wednesday 10am – 3.30pm (fixed term until 31st August ’19 with the potential to be extended if funding stream continues)
– Thursday and Friday 8.15-4pm (this part of the role is permanent)
|Start date||7th January or as soon as possible after this date|
A brilliant opportunity has arisen to work at our Outstanding academy. Applications are invited from an enthusiastic and committed person to work as an administrative officer & receptionist as part of our busy academy office team. As a ‘front of house’ member of staff, a warm and welcoming disposition is essential as is the ability to deal sensitively and confidentially with any issues arising. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they can prioritise tasks appropriately & have very strong ICT skills which include school ICT systems. Duties will include:
- Answering the telephone and dealing efficiently with enquiries / face to face enquiries
- Financial records administration
- Payroll timesheet input
- Recruitment administration
- Reconciling trip / dinner money / fundraising money and completing associated records
- Preparing letters, formatting newsletters and other documents
- Maintaining the academy website
- Maintaining computerised records to a high degree of accuracy
- Administrative support to Headteacher and teachers
- Obtaining quotes, ordering resources and maintaining stock and supplies
Excellent ICT skills including accurate word processing and confidence in using Excel are essential. You should be an effective communicator with a positive and friendly manner and able to work using initiative, but also enjoy working as part of a hardworking team of dedicated staff. Strong communication will be a key factor in the success of the job share. Experience in a similar role is essential. Please see the job specification, on the academy website, for essential and desirable requirements.
Jerry Clay Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please see the academy website for the application form: www.jerryclayacademy.wakefield.sch.uk
Closing Date: 9am Friday 14th December ‘18
Interviews: week commencing 17th December ‘18
Please send a completed academy application form by email to:
email@example.com the closing date. CVs will not be accepted.